The purpose of the Digital Design 2 Program is to prepare students for employment in digital publishing positions, such as Information Technology Assistant, Production Assistant, Digital Assistant Designer, and Multimedia Designer
The program focuses on enhanced practical experiences in computer generated art and text, graphic design, graphic production, electronic design skills, preparation of electronic layouts and illustrations, electronic scanning, and development of specialized skills in multimedia presentations.
INSTRUCTION CONSISTS OF
Information Technology Assistant
Standard Occupational Classification (SOC)
Occupational Completion Points (OCPs)
Laboratory activities are an integral part of this program. These activities include instruction in the use of safety procedures, tools, equipment, materials, and processes related to these occupations. Equipment and supplies are provided to enhance hands-on experiences for students.
- Interview with a counselor
- Take Basic Skills test within six weeks of entering the program
- Be at least 16 years old and officially withdrawn from high school
This program operates on an open-entry/open- exit basis. Students may enter the program anytime during the school year.
LENGTH OF PROGRAM
DAY/TIME PROGRAM OFFERED
Mon.-Thurs. 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Mon.-Thurs. 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM
BASIC SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
The minimum basic skills grade levels required for adult career/technical students to complete this program are the following:
Mathematics 9 | Language 9 | Reading 9
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY REQUIREMENT
Basic computer skills
- Employers require applicants to hold a Digital Design I Completion Certificate and certification in graphic design software.
- Employers usually request a portfolio that demonstrates creativity and originality.
Digital designer, graphic designer, IT assistant
According to the 2020 Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median pay for graphic designers was $53,380 or $25.66 per hour.
- ARCHITECTURE AND CONSTRUCTION
- Heating, Ventilation, Air-Conditioning/Refrigeration (HVAC/R) 1
- ART, A/V TECHNOLOGY AND COMMUNICATION
- Digital Design 1
- Digital Design 2
- EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Child Care Center Operations
- Early Childhood Education